Review: 哥弟茶店 @Hatyai, Thailand

April 14, 2015



Hi guys! I'm back with a food review of "Ge Di Cha Dian" 哥弟茶店 at Hatyai, Thailand. Sorry peeps, it didn't have any English name and I don't know how to read and write in Thai, so I call it as "Ge Di Cha Dian" (direct translate), means "Brothers Kopitiam". Like other tourist hotspots, this is a must-visit-restaurant at Hatyai. They are famous with the Thai Chicken Rice, Singapore Bak Kut Teh, and Braised Pork Knuckle Rice. My friends asked me why I want to eat Singapore Bak Kut Teh at Thailand? We should "try and error" right? Who knows it is tastier?

Heard that it is always full house at here, but not really that pack when I arrived as it is a weekday.
For your information, you can communicate with them with Mandarin if you know how to speak in Chinese as most of them know some simple Chinese words. Great right? If you want to see my review of where I stay at Hatyai, click here. Okay, let's see some photos now.






Signature Thai's Sauces and chili flakes.

Dry Fish Ball Wantan Mee.

Soup Fish Ball Wantan Mee.

Pork Porridge with egg.

Chicken Rice.

Singapore Bak Kut Teh.


Pork tail really nice!

Braised Pork Knuckle Rice.

Verdict: 6.5 out of 10.
A very Chinese style restaurant on Niphat Uthit Road 3. The fish balls in that bowl of wantan mee are very chewy and fresh, the egg in that pork porridge is very tempting, and the chicken rice is just so so, nothing special. The Singapore Bak Kut Teh however, it has their own unique taste of Thai, you all can try the taste of the soup, totally different if compared to the Bak Kut Teh in Malaysia. The pork tail is unexpectedly awesome, I love the softness of the pork tail and of course it is tasty. The Thai braised pork knuckle rice is okay but nothing impressed. Overrated restaurant. The price of each meal is not really that cheap also. This is my honest review based on my personal preferences but it may vary on different person, and that's it. Till then, xoxo.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you for putting an effort to published this article. You've done a great job! Good bless!

    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete

Wishlist 2017

♥ Back to 45kg
♥ Dental: Teeth Braces / Whitening
♥ Gadgets: GoPro Hero5 / HUAWEI P10
♥ Thomas Sabo Bracelet
♥ Vacation: UK / Europe